Boomreader guidance for Parents and Carers
Dear Parents and/or carers,
We are thrilled to announce that we will now be completing home reading records via BoomReader
across the whole school. BoomReader is an award-winning app designed to support teachers, parents
and children with logging reading and books.
We understand that using un-known technology may feel daunting but we feel the many benefits of using the app will make the experience of logging reading clear, enjoyable and more rewarding.
Here is a brief list of the benefits we think you’ll appreciate!
● No lost reading diaries!
● Reading diaries are never left at home on the busy school run!
● Log reading in seconds – just 4 or 5 taps of your phone to log reading.
● Easy to see all reading for all of your children in one place
● Saving needless paper usage
● No damaged/ruined reading diaries
● School gains powerful insight into reading for every child
● Reading records move with your child through school
● Parents/carers can log in separately for each child
● Parents without smartphones can login via the website: boomreader.co.uk/parents
● And of course, the app is completely free for parents to download and use!
We want to make you feel fully supported during this process of change.
A PowerPoint containing guidance for how to set up and use the app will be added to our website for you to access but a ‘quick start guide’ is attached with this message. Here is a link to a video guide too:
Parent Guide to GoRead (vimeo.com)
Also attached is a guide of home-reading tips. This has suggested comments you may write about how your child has read and tips for how best to support your child as they read.
Next week, you should receive login details from your child’s teacher along with a paper copy of the ‘quick start guide’. Your child’s login details will enable you to securely access your child’s account.
Boomreader has an area of the website dedicated to parents that includes guides and further information and they are always there to support parents who have any questions.
By using Boomreader, we aim to make the process of recording reading as manageable as possible for
parents. Fundamentally, the most important aspect to home reading is the reading, so enjoy and
celebrate helping your child learn one of the most important life-skills!
Sarah Reid (Reading lead)
Please link on the following links for guidance on Boomreader